Saturday, January 5, 2013

Polar Plunge 2013

 Wow! It has been quite some time since I have talked to you, my apologies.

On New Years Day every year at high noon there is the Milwaukee Polar Plunge. Hundreds of people get together at Bradford Beach and brave the cold only to jump into the freezing Lake Michigan water.


Well my friends, J, R, K, and I were four of those crazy cats. 



We thought that we might want to soak up some sun before braving those murky waters.


...and flip.

Most people who take the leap are still pretty loaded from the night before. They will dress in funny costumes. Pirates, polar bears, boxers, swimmers...you get the deal.

We, however, are not like those people. We did this under no influence whatsoever. :)


 Every five minutes or so we would take off another layer of clothing until we were left in our swimmin' skivvies. 

We ran out and back in and put our clothes back on as quickly as possible. 






Some people think that it is crazy, but when you get out of that water you feel like you just ran a marathon. In a good way, of course.

Afterwards, we went to Alterra on Prospect and had ourselves some coffee and tea. We sat talking about this next year. We decided that in the year of 2013 we will do one crazy, random thing each month. The list ranges from skydiving to Salsa dancing lessons to organizing a 5k. 

Although I'm not really sure where the Lord will take me this year, I am sure that it will be for the best and I will make the most of it.
The Plunge was the best way to start.

Here's to 2013 and whatever HE throws my way.
Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thank you for leaving comments! It means so much to see your support.}